• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A Right job to start for a new CPC coder

Nisha

Hi,
I recently wrote preemployment tests for HCC coder and inpatient coding and passed for both. It got me wondering though which would be the most ideal job for me especially being an entry level coder. I have heard Alicia talk a lot about HCC coding and would love do it but since HCC is only diagnosis coding will that be like a minus for me if I were to do inpatient coding along with procedure coding later on? Is it true that hcc coding is an upcoming career? Really appreciate any advice on this. Thanks!

Nisha

Thanks Laureen. The salary is quite impressive :). I was tested by Arrohealth. Have you heard of this company? They said they'll give a little training prior to job.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
No I haven't but perhaps some of our more experienced RA coders have. I've pinged them to weigh in here.

Holly Cassano

CPC CRC ICD 10CM CERTIFIED
Staff member
HCC Moderator
Hi Nisha,

I have heard of ArroHealth - from what I know they are a decent company to work for. I have not heard anything negative about them to date. If you are considering a career in Risk Adjustment/HCC coding etc, the course is really good here.

Alicia is terrific with the videos etc. :)

If you have some other questions about Risk Adjustment/HCC coding etc, that you would like to ask, please feel free to ping me and I am happy to reply. It is where all of Medicare is headed in the next 3-5 years and many commercial payors are following suit. It is about the overall management of chronic diseases and Risk Adjustment/Population Health Management/Patient Centered Medical homes encompass.

Pleasure to meet you and have a great night!